- Soft silicone port body designed for
- Custom port securement
- Power injectable
- Premier identification
Available sizes: 6 Fr. and 8 Fr. Polyurethane Catheter
The choice for elevating patient care
Because the side effects of chemotherapy are typically unpleasant, the PowerPort® VUE Implantable Port was designed with your patient's comfort in mind.
A lightweight design
to help address patient comfort
- Silicone port body is softer and lighter than a titanium port body**
- Compact size and footprint
- Septum palpation bumps designed for smaller patients and thin tissue layers
**As compared to other titanium power injectable ports currently on the market. Data on file at Bard Access Systems.
The choice for
- Custom Port Securement: Offers flexible suturing options for securement, which may reduce the likelihood of flipped ports
- The Polyurethane Advantage: Taxol™ and Taxotere™ drug resistant polyurethane catheter
- Premier Identification: The only system offering accurate identification at the time of access and immediately prior to power injection
The PowerLoc® Max safety infusion set is the ideal device for accesing PowerPort® devices. This combination of power injectable devices enables contrast agents to be power-injected. As a result, tissues show up more clearly in CECT scans, making it easier to monitor patient conditions.
A variety of PowerLoc® Max safety infusion set options are also available as accessory kits for continued PowerPort® device access needs.
- 300 psi, 19 gauge and 20 gauge needles with
5 mL/s maximum infusion rate
- 300 psi, 22 gauge needle with 2 mL/s maximum
Comfortable for the Patient
- Stable needle base for patient comfort during dressing
- Wingless design for site care
- Dual lumen port compatible to enable simultaneous infusions through dual lumen ports
- Audible "click" and visual indication of lockout to ensure safety device has been activated
- Safety feature conforms to current user technique
- Safety feature covers needlepoint to reduce risk of injury and exposure to bloodborne pathogens
Please consult product labels, IFU, and package inserts for any indications, contraindications, hazards, warnings, cautions, and instructions for use.
|Product Code||Code Description||Kit Type|
|1808062||PowerPort® VUE M.R.I® Implantable Port with 8 Fr. Attachable Polyurethane Catheter||Intermediate|
|1806062||PowerPort® VUE M.R.I® Implantable Port with 6 Fr. Attachable Polyurethane Catheter||Intermediate|
ChronoFlex* Polyurethane Catheters
ChronoFlex* polyurethane catheters have been proven to exhibit superior biodurability compared with other polyurethane catheters, making them ideal for long-term, blood-contacting devices. In vivo studies indicate the ChronoFlex* polyurethane catheter has less propensity for surface biodegradation, making it more resistant to environmental stress cracking.
- Given the inherent material strength of ChronoFlex* polyurethane, it is superior to Tecoflex* urethane for use with Taxol* or Taxotere* drugs.
- Firmness and rounded tip facilitate advancement into vein.
- Thin catheter walls offer increased flow-rate capabilities.
- ChronoFlex* polyurethane catheters are exclusive to Bard Access Systems’ implanted ports.
The three-way Groshong* valve allows infusion and blood aspiration while reducing the risk of air embolism, blood reflux and clotting. Flushing frequency is decreased because the valve prevents blood from backing into the catheter and clotting. Because the system is closed, routine maintenance is simplified and the need for heparin is eliminated.
- Negative pressure opens valve inward, permitting blood aspiration.
- Positive pressure opens valve outward, allowing infusion.
- At neutral pressure, valve remains closed, reducing risk of air embolism, blood reflux and clotting.
Open-Ended Silicone Catheters
Bard Access Systems’ open-ended central venous catheters continue to set the standard for performance and reliability.
- Soft, atraumatic tip offers added safety during implantation.
- Medical-grade radiopaque silicone construction ensures biocompatibility.
- Available in attachable and pre-attached configurations.