Real-time Needle Visibility
Pinpoint™ GT needles can be detected by ultrasound systems equipped with Pinpoint™ GT Needle Technology. The needles are designed to improve the ultrasound-guided needle insertion experience by providing visual feedback of needle trajectory and needle tip positioning in relation to the structure of interest.
In a benchtop study comparing the use of Pinpoint™ GT Needle Technology with conventional ultrasound for needle guidance, clinicians:
- Improved simulated needle placement accuracy by 51%*
- Reduced simulated non-productive needle sticks by 71%*
*As demonstrated through in vitro testing. Data on file. Simulated testing may not be indicative of actual clincial outcomes.
Pinpoint™ GT Needle Technology is designed to:
- Visually align the needle pathway, prior to insertion.
- Place needles out-of-plane, in-plane, or oblique to the target structure.
- Confirm needle intersection of the ultrasound plane.
How does Pinpoint™ GT Needle Technology Work?
Compatible ultrasound systems can detect a magnet in the hub of the needle. This allows the system to:
- Detect the orientation of the needle.
- Display the needle position and trajectory on the ultrasound screen for both in-plane and out-of-plane use.
Pinpoint™ GT needles have different indications for use depending on the specific procedure for which they are cleared/approved in a given country or region. For more information regarding the use of a specific Pinpoint™ GT needle, please refer to the appropriate instructions for use and product labels. Please also consult the instructions for use and product labels for any indications, contraindications, hazards, warnings, precautions, and directions for use.
Pinpoint™ GT Needles
|21G||2.75 Inch||12° A Bevel||Safety Introducer||9770624|
|18G||2.75 Inch||19° A Bevel||Introducer||9770649|
Click here to learn more about Pinpoint™ GT Needle Technology on the Site~Rite® 8 Ultrasound System.
If you have questions about Pinpoint™ GT Needle Technology please contact email@example.com.